Do you sometimes have questions about faith? Immanuel is passionate about thinking critically and acting faithfully, following the compassionate peaceful path of Jesus. We seek to support and challenge each other in being God’s loving presence in our neighborhood and world in very concrete ways. We are people who trust God’s promises—so we can live, act and vote out of hope, rather than fear. Immanuel is a place of welcome for all people - no exceptions! Let's worship together on Sundays at 10:30 am.
A Note About Parking
During this time of increased construction in our neighborhood, public transit if strongly encouraged. However, if you must drive, please allow extra time to find parking as you navigate the daily road closures.
While we regret the inconveniences, we hope they don't dissuade you from coming to Immanuel and participating in the services.
Lent and Easter at Immanuel Lutheran
Our theme this year Reformation & Renewal. We will take time to lift up the stories of other Reformers & Renewers of the church, whose life and actions shape the Lutheran iden-tity both here and around the world. Each week we will reflect on the story of Jesus as lived through the church and her people as we seek to find our place in the story of #500FaithfulPROTESTants.
Please join us for food, fellowship, conversation and prayerful meditation each Wednesday in Lent.
For a downloadable version of the Lent and Holy Week schedule, click here
Wednesday, March 1 – Ash Wednesday
- 10:30AM – Imposition of Ashes & communion – in Fellowship Hall
- 12:30PM – Imposition of Ashes – Cascade Park Gazebo (Rain location: Sanctuary)
- 6:00PM – Potato Supper & conversation
- 7:00PM – Imposition of Ashes & Holy Communion
Wednesday, March 8 – Decolonize Lutheranism – Guest Teacher Rev. Tuhina Rasche Pastoring Lutheran-style in Silicon valley. (Un)Intended disruptor. Loves/ freaked out by Jesus. Indian-American living life in the hyphen.
- 5:45PM – Gathering time
- 6:00PM – Soup Supper & table Conversation
- 7:15PM – Candlelight Prayer and Meditative worship
Wed. March 15 – Native American
Wed. March 22 – Latin America
Wed. March 29 – Asia
Wed. April 5 – Africa
Sunday, April 9 – 10:30 AM – Palm Sunday Worship
Thursday, April 13 – 6:30PM – Maundy Thursday Supper and Worship with Footwashing
Friday, April 14 – 7PM – Good Friday Worship – Seven Last Words
Saturday, April 15
- 2PM – Black Lives Matter March in Westlake Park
- 7PM – Combined Churches Easter Vigil with Communion
Sunday, April 16 - EASTER SUNDAY
- 9AM – Easter Breakfast
- 10:30 AM – Resurrection Worship
New on the website
- Check out the Congregational Check-In information on the About -> Our Passions page.
- A resource from our monthly Forums on Anti-Racism is now live on the church website. Check it out -> http://immanuelseattle.org/2013/ilc/index/community/anti-racism.html
Immanuel Community Services
Share in faith journey's...