March 6, 2020 1:00PM (Pacific Time)
March 9, 2020 5:00PM (Pacific Time) – UPDATE
As the situation in Washington around the COVID-19 outbreak continues to evolve, our ways of being Christ’s living presence in our lives, neighborhood and world are also adapting and changing. Today we have been wrestling with current Health Department recommendations to limit large gatherings (50 or more people) and mindfulness of leaders in our community who technically fall into the category of people with underlying health conditions.
It is in this spirit, that we will implement the following changes to be in place through March 30th, when we will once again reassess the situation.
- Immanuel will host LEADERS ONLY Worship for the remainder of the month.
- We will broadcast this service with a remnant of leaders via Facebook and Instagram and will have a recording on this website available later on the day of the service. A PDF of the bulletin is available HERE and will be posted with the live broadcasts.
- There will be No Choir Anthem.
Decisions about Holden Evening Prayer and Choir are pending confirmation of broadcasting permissions and assessment from the Health Department. We will decide by 5pm on Monday.Holden Evening Prayer has been confirmed to be allowed for broadcasting under our GIA / expanded OneLicense.net copyright, so the Wednesday services will be broadcast live on Facebook. Since there will be no sermon with the Holden Evening Prayer service, there will not be an audio recording posted to this website. This Sunday, we will also broadcast Imani’s presentation during Sunday Morning Live. You can see Imani’s presentation on Facebook here!
- Sunday Morning Live for March 15, 22 & 29 will be Cancelled.
- We will be in touch with the remnant of leaders needed each week. If you are available and don’t hear from us, please check in with Jennifer Faul (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or myself (email@example.com ) before making any decisions about traveling in for worship. Leaders for this Sunday should hear from us by 6pm today. For future weeks; Wednesday leaders will be contacted by 5pm Monday and Sunday leaders will be contacted by 3pm on Wednesday.
- There will be NO Children’s Church in order to reserve those rooms for isolation of Recovery Men as needed.
- Coffee Hour Snacks and Soup Supper are CANCELLED.
- Confirmation class (March 8, 12:30-2:30) will meet via Zoom
- Exec Council and Council (March 10, 6-9pm) will also be encouraged to meet via Zoom, but please await confirmation of this from Kevin and/or Stephanie
- DISCERNMENT POTLUCK (March 15, Noon) will be postponed to a yet to be determined future date.
- Notice from ICS about ANNUAL MEETING: “With great care & concern for ICS members (you!) and out of an abundance of caution in light of the rapidly changing Covid-19 situation, ICS is postponing our Annual Meeting at this time. We will keep you posted on any rescheduling updates.”
- All committee meetings are asked to consider risk/need for in person meetings and to instead consider postponement or meeting online. I have a professional Zoom account that can set up meetings of up to 24hours in duration. Please let me know if you have need of it.
Many thanks to all who have shared their currencies of Truth, Wellness and Gracious Leadership as we have deliberated the decisions. And thank YOU, Immanuel Family, Friends, and Followers, for your compassion, patience, and understanding as we continue to live into this situation.
If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone/text at 425-954-7293.
Peace & Liberating Love
Pastor Priscilla Austin (she/her) What is this?
Immanuel Lutheran Church
1215 Thomas St., Seattle, WA 98109
May we all flow in the current of healthy relationships